THE BLACKCURRANT WHITE LADY
This is a beautiful summer take on a White Lady which puts a blackcurrant glut to good use. The syrup works just as well with frozen blackcurrants as fresh ones.
- 50ml Hepple Gin
- 25ml Blackcurrant Syrup
- 20ml fresh lemon juice
- 5ml egg white
To make the blackcurrant syrup:
- Defrost 500g of frozen fruit over 500g of castor sugar in a pan.
- Once it is defrosted pour over 500ml of boiling water and if possible add a small sprig of lemon verbena. Stir thoroughly to dissolve the sugar and then allow to cool.
- Once cool pass through a fine sieve and then refrigerate.
To make the Blackcurrant White Lady:
- First shake without ice to create a good froth with the egg white and then shake with lots of ice to chill.
- Dry shake to froth, then shake with ice before fine straining into a small chilled cocktail glass.